USWNT vs Nigeria – International Friendly
Date: September 3, 2022
place: Mercy Children’s Park; Kansas City, Kansas
broadcast time: 1:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM ET
Official start time: 1:30 PM ET / 12:30 PM ET
Starting from the eleventh against Nigeria: 1- Alyssa Naher. 3- Alana Cook, 4-Becky Sauerbrunn (Capt.), 8-Sofia Huerta, 9-Mallory Pugh, 10-Lindsey Horan, 11-Sophia Smith, 13-Alex Morgan, 16-Rose Lavelle, 17-Andi Sullivan, 19 – Emily Fox
Available subs: 2-Ashley Sanchez, 5-Hailie Mace, 6-Savannah DeMelo, 7-Ashley Hatch, 12-Naomi Girma, 14-Sam Coffey, 15-Megan Rapinoe, 18-Casey Murphy, 20-Taylor Kornieck, 21- Aubrey Kingsbury, 22-Christie Moyes, 23-Midge Pierce
- USWNT Starting Maximum Numbers XI (including this match): Sauerbrunn (208), Morgan (197), Horan (117), Naeher (84), Lavelle (79), Pugh (79), Sullivan (33), Smith (22), Huerta (20), Fox (18), cooking (15)
- The starting line-up on Saturday against Nigeria is identical to the one that started the Concacaf W Championship final against Canada on July 17. This is the first time in 2022 that the United States has used the same starting lineup in back-to-back matches.
- Today’s starting lineup averages 78 caps per player with three players – Sauerbrunn, Morgan and Rapinoe – having over 100 caps. Four players – Smith, Huerta, Fox and Cook – have fewer than 25 caps.
- Only four players in the starting lineup witnessed the excitement in the USWNT’s last encounter against Nigeria in June of 2021. Naher, Zwerbrunn and Horan all started against the Super Falcons while Morgan came on as a second-half substitute in a 2-0 win for the Americans.
- Becky Soerbrunn It will lead the United States again because it earns it 208The tenth career cover. Sauerbrunn, who played five seasons and won two NWSL Championships with FC Kansas City in 2014 and 2015. The 37-year-old Sauerbrunn led the USA with 360 minutes in the Concacaf W, leading a defense that didn’t allow all goals to be scored. Competition.
- After keeping a clean sheet against Canada in the CWC Final on July 18, Alyssa Naher Once again she earns the starting nod because she’s about to make it 84The tenth USWNT’s international appearance. Naher is playing the game against Nigeria 49 games in his career, just one clean sheet away from becoming the third goalkeeper in USWNT history with 50 or more closings.
- Alana Cook will make 11The tenth The beginning of the year where she earns her 15 yearsThe tenth Generally cover with USWNT. Cook leads the United States with a total of 836 minutes played in 2022 and has played the full 90 minutes in seven of 10 games so far this year.
- Emily Fox She’s set to earn her 18The tenth Max job because they earn 10The tenth Appearance – and 10The tenth the beginning of the year. Entering today’s match against Nigeria, Fox has played in 13 of 16 matches for the USA since the FIFA window in October 2021, starting 12 games during that period.
- Lindsey Horan She will make her ninth debut in 2022 earning her 117The tenth career cover. She and Sophia Smith were the only two American players to start every game in the Concacaf W Championship, and Horan finished the tournament with the third most minutes played. Since the beginning of 2020, Horan has played in 38 games for the USA and was directly involved in 21 goals – with 13 goals and eight assists.
- Sofia Huerta will make it 20The tenth Career debut for the USA as she makes her third consecutive debut, the longest streak of her USWNT career. Huerta played the full 90 minutes in the United States’ semi-final win over Costa Rica at the Concacaf W and went the distance again in the final against Canada. Huerta was one of four American players to appear in every CWC game.
- Rose Lavell will make it 79The tenth Global Impressions as they make it 10The tenth Beginning of 2022. LaVelle, along with Alex Morgan, Becky Sauerbrunn and Naomi Germa, were selected to the Concacaf W Championship Best XI and drew what proved to be a winning penalty in the final against Canada. she has He directly participated in nine goals in the last nine matches for the USA, scored three goals and added six assists.
- After receiving the Golden Ball honor at the Concacaf W Championship, Alex Morgan She will appear for the 7th time in the year winning 197The tenth Maximum functionality with USWNT. Morgan scored the winning match against Canada in the Aquatics World Cup Final, which She gave her 164 goals and assists for USA, and tied with Tiffany Millbrette for the fifth all-time best player in USWNT history.
- Mallory Bog You will earn her 79The tenth Max function as it makes it 11The tenth start and 12The tenth Appearing in USWNT 2022. Leading USA Pugh Seven assists in the year and ranks second in scoring with six goals. With 24 career international goals and 27 assists, 24-year-old Pugh is on the cusp of becoming the only 18-year-old.The tenth A player in USWNT history with over 25 goals and 25+ assists, a feat you could have accomplished before the age of 25.
- Sophia Smith She will make her team a high level 12The tenth Beginning of the year where you earn 22second abbreviation career cover. Smith, 22, leads the United States in scoring with seven goals this year, most recently scoring twice in the United States’ 5-0 win over Jamaica on July 7.
- Andy Sullivan set to make it 33research and development International debut as USWNT’s fourth consecutive game began. Sullivan has started four of five United States games in the Concacaf W, and is second in the team in total minutes played in 2022, with 769 minutes of action.
- Two players on today’s 23-player roster have yet to appear in a US game – midfielders Sam Covey and Savannah DeMello. If any of the players sees Nigeria facing off, it will be 250The tenth A woman to earn the maximum for the USWNT.